Saturday, May 14, 2011

Ok, Airhead

One thing I have noticed is since being diagnosed with RA I have become very absent minded. I catch myself doing dumb things all the time. For instance, tonight I went out to get the mail. As soon as I stepped out the door I smelled a skunk. I didn't want to get sprayed so I decided the mail can wait and turned around and went back inside. Dumb part? I locked the door behind me. Ummm.... yeah. Last I knew skunks don't know how to properly execute a B&E.

Being diagnosed with a new disease is scary and consuming. Especially when you learn the potential of said disease. This one worries me more than my kidney disease.  But I am blessed to have a great medical team from my Primary Care Physician to my Rheumatologist. I also have a fantastic support system. You lose friends when you encounter a life altering illness, but I have also learned you gain a bunch too. The checks and balances of life I suppose.

Things have calmed down with me. My treatments seem to be working. I have worked 2 weeks straight without needing to call in. I have been able to mow and garden. Things look possible again. I do have new limits I have to respect but I can do that. I feel like this summer might just be a good summer. I might just be able to do some of the things I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment